4.02.2012

More on Mary Kay

As I announced yesterday, I am officially an Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay.  This month has been a whirlwind of surprises and successes.  I hosted my debut party at my house near Fort Leonard Wood, MO.  I had ten people there!  That may not sound like many, but try getting ten women, who all know and love each other, to pay attention to you.  It can be a challenge.  Luckily, I have a background in education.  Since then, I've had about 10 parties.  It's hard to believe that I'm already experiencing success in this business.

I am sure some of you are wondering why I decided to start my journey with Mary Kay.  It all started when one of my friends (an Independent Beauty Consultant) invited me over to her house for muffins and makeovers.  I tried the products and LOVED them and I spent a lot of time talking to my friend about Mary Kay and why she started.  I didn't even realize I was interested in the job until I began talking to her.    A few days later, I spoke with my friend and her director on the phone for about an hour discussing the Mary Kay opportunity.  When I finally hung up the phone, I felt like this would be something that could be really good for Hubs and me.  I could supplement our income and still be home to do my wifey duties that I've come to love.  I can be a good army wife and take my career with me wherever I go.  When I move to Kansas, I can be an Independent Beauty Consultant.  If I move to Michigan, I can be an IBC.  If I move to Hawaii, I can still be an IBC.  It's that portable!!  All you army wives out there know that portability and flexibility is key in the army.  An army wife's career probably can't survive without portability and flexibility.  

Another reason why I decided to join this company was because of its philosophy.  Mary Kay Ash founded her company on the principle of the Golden Rule and giving back to others.  As an IBC, I can not only help women feel beautiful and good about themselves.  I can also introduce them to the Mary Kay opportunity.  I can help them achieve things they did not believe were possible.  I can help them achieve financial security and I can help them experience personal fulfillment. Finally, I can show them a company that believes God needs to be first, family second, and career third.  What more could you want from a job?  

See what MK has to say about what's behind the lipstick:


Love,

Kait


No comments:

Post a Comment