9.09.2012

Peace

The countdown has finally made its way into the single digits.  Hubs will be leaving sometime in the middle of the night on Friday.  Since we've been back from Michigan, the time has flown by.  I can't believe we have to be ready to say "see you soon" on Friday.  I don't have much to say about it other than they whole thing is kinda sucky.  I wish I could fast forward this next month.  I don't want to deal with the emotional turmoil of saying "goodbye."  I also don't want to deal with getting used to Hubs not being around.  I want to skip ahead a month.  In a month, I will have already said "goodbye" and I will have (hopefully) gotten used to not having Hubs around.  Someone press FFW on my life please.

That being said, I am surprised by how calm I have felt these past few days.  I know that I have tons of family, friends, and neighbors praying for Hubs and me during this time.  Believe me, those prayers are working.  God has been on our side this whole time.  I know that he is going to continue taking care of us.  Between finding a teaching job and making friends with our new next-door neighbors, I feel as though God has really set me up perfectly for coping with deployment.  I have many things to look forward to over the next 9 months.  (I post on my deployment coping strategies later).  Right now I want to thank each of you for lifting up our family in prayer.  I know that God is taking care of me and I am trusting that He will be with Hubs every moment of deployment.  It's so hard to let go and trust, but I am trying.

Please continue to pray for us as we prepare for this week.  Pray that Hubs and I will continue to experience peace as we prepare for deployment.  Pray that Hubs remains safe and that I will stay busy.  Most of all pray that God uses this time to help us grow.  (And that the time goes by super fast :) )

love
K


1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you and your handsome hero! The cool part, God had a plan and He knew YOU were a strong woman that could be a military wife. Find peace in that! Enjoy your precious time! -Lauren-

    ReplyDelete