8.04.2011

One.

one.
Welp, Hubs and I have officially been married for one month and two days.  It's been great.  Really.  I strongly recommend getting married.  In the first month we've learned the importance of laughter, sleep, patience, cleanliness, and time.  We've had lots and lots of opportunities to laugh at ourselves and each other.  We've been super busy--gone every weekend since we've been married--and so we have discovered the importance of sleep and patience when we're exhausted.  Because we've been so busy, the apartment is rarely up to my standards of cleanliness and I've learned to be ok with that--for now.  Finally, because we've been so crazy-busy, we often feel like "ships passing in the night."  Just because we live with each other, does not mean we actually see or talk to each other meaningfully.  We have learned the importance of quality time.

Speaking of quality time, last night we planned to hang out--just the two of us.  We ordered a pizza, flipped on the tv (with the intention of watching Princess and the Frog) and promptly fell asleep on the couch for three hours.  We woke up at ten o'clock, let out the dog, and crashed in bed.  I guess we're worn out.  I never thought I'd say this, but I am actually looking forward to moving in with my parents. I know the time spent with them will be relaxing and less demanding.  Our days will be filled with laughter and rest.  I can't wait.

one.

That's right.  I have one week left of my youth ministry internship.  I can't believe the summer has gone by so quickly.  After this internship, I cannot decide if I am more excited about being involved in youth ministry or teaching.  I'm not sure if it really matters.  Right now, I see myself as a teacher--involved in youth ministry at my church.  I simply love working with teenagers.  As long as I can help and influence youth, I will be happy with whatever I am doing. 

one.

We've had Othello, our labradoodle puppy, for one week.  Although he is a lot of work, Hubs and I love him dearly.  He is a heartbreaker and cuddler.  He can be super playful and calm and sweet.  I often look at him while he's sleeping, and can't believe he's ours.  I didn't know I could love a puppy so much.


love.

-k

No comments:

Post a Comment