8.29.2011

Simplicity Simplicity

Today I read Ashley's post on The Shine Project.  I was inspired.  As much as I hate to admit it, my life is cluttered and mediocre.  Because I want to do so many things, I end up doing too much and not doing my best at anything.  It's especially hard for me not to have a schedule anymore.  I am not in school at Calvin so I don't have a class schedule to plan my days around.  I don't have an internship or a job anymore so I can't plan my days around that schedule either.  This results in me thinking that I have more time than I originally thought I had.  I end up wasting my valuable time instead of using it wisely.  Then I end up feeling like my head is spinning because I have so many things I am trying to accomplish.  I often can't fall asleep because I am thinking about all the things that need to get done.  There are so many things I want to do but I don't have the time, energy or motivation to accomplish them all.  I look at my list and become overwhelmed and thus unmotivated.

I need to refocus on the things that are important--not the newest craft on Etsy, not the latest outfit on Land's End Canvas, not even the many wonderful blogs I ready daily.  I need to refocus on what's important in my life and give those things the time and energy they deserve.  As suggested on The Shine Project, I've decided to make a list of what's most important to me so I can start to simplify my cluttered life.  

Here's my list:  my attempt to make things simpler
My relationship with Jesus:  I haven't been that good at keeping up with my personal devotions lately
Hubs:  we need to work on spending quality time together
16 credits worth of online courses:  although I don't love these classes, they're important for me to really finish school and get my teacher's certificate
Craft/Blog/Decorate/Me time:  I don't make time to do things for myself.  I often feel guilty if I spend my time doing
My Family & my puppy:  I will not always have the privilege of living so close to (or in this case with) my family.  I need to take advantage of the time we have together.  Othello is the newest addition to our little family and I love him dearly.  I just want to love him and train him.  




What are the most important things in your life?  What do you need to get rid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment