5.28.2012

NTC prep

I've officially worked my first week at the Buckle.  I love this job!  I've met lots of wonderful employees and have helped some pretty cool customers too.  I think this job will be this perfect thing to give me a routine and keep me busy while Hubs is away at the NTC.  Speaking of the National Training Center, Hubs leaves this week.  While he is away, he and the rest of his battalion will be simulating what it's like to be deployed.  They will receive lots of excellent training that will make them all the more ready and capable for when they leave for deployment.  They will be gone for about a month and they will not be able to communicate with their families during this time.  It will be hard not being able to talk to Hubs every day, but we've done this before.  I'm sure we will be able to do it again.  In the meantime, I plan on keeping myself busy training for my first 5k (see this post), working at the Buckle, building my Mary Kay business, hanging out with my new friends, reading some good books, and crafting my life away.  As long as I stay busy, I am sure the month will go by quickly!

Please keep Hubs and the rest of the 1st Engineers in your thoughts and prayers as they prepare for NTC and deployment.

Love,
Kait    

P.S.  I'm trying to come up with some cute/thoughtful ideas as a going away gift to give Jon before he leaves.  Any ideas?

1 comment: